Camp Cultural Leadership kicked off in July. We are so proud of our students! Twenty-three students attended our two-week summer camp for rising 7th, 8th, and 9th graders. Camp was held at Brittany Woods Middle School in the University City School District. The camp introduced and reinforced social justice concepts and tied them to leadership skills, similar to our award-winning high-school program. During their time at camp, students:
- explored the effects of prejudice, discrimination, stereotypes, oppression, and privilege;
- participated in numerous team-building and leadership games;
- collaborated with Adventure Tree and Think Tank Theater;
- focused on four different leadership traits: goal-setting, respect, character, and teamwork;
- took an overnight trip to Memphis to learn about the Civil Rights Movement and how they can make social change.